We are pleased that you have chosen us to assist in your care. Our facility combines the latest surgical technology with a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. This page is designed to provide as much information as possible and to help answer many of the questions you may have regarding your surgery prior to your visit. If you have a specific concern that is not addressed satisfactorily, please feel free to call Vista Surgical Center at (330) 526-0530.
Your doctor's office will schedule your procedure. Once scheduled, a member of our staff may call you to obtain further information. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the Center and your upcoming procedure.
If you develop a fever, rash or cold the day before the procedure, contact your doctor at once, as your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
Remember, DO NOT EAT, DRINK, or CHEW anything after midnight the night before your surgery, unless otherwise instructed. This include gum, mints, candy and chewing tobacco.
The Morning of Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything the morning of surgery, unless your doctor has given you other instructions.
- Take your heart and/or blood pressure medications with a sip of water. Diabetic patients, ask your physician how to adjust your dose of insulin on the day of your procedure.
- You may brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with water, but do not swallow any of the water.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing (a short-sleeved, button-front shirt is best). Leave all valuables and jewelry at home. If you wear glasses or contacts, bring a case to store them in. Please do not wear makeup, perfume, or dark colored nail polish
- You should have a responsible driver with you on the day of the procedure. Your driver should remain in the facility while you are in surgery.
During the registration process you will be asked to verify your billing and insurance information, and to sign a financial agreement. You will need:
- Current Driver's License or photo ID
- Current Insurance ID card
- Co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible payment, if applicable
If the patient or insurance information cannot be verified, the surgery will need to be rescheduled. If you need to make other financial arrangements, or an estimate of your bill, please call (330) 526-0530 prior to your surgery day.
Next, you will be taken to the pre-procedure area, where a nurse will verify medical information, allergies, and your current medications. The nurse will prepare you for your procedure, and an anesthesia provider will meet with you to discuss your medical history and the type of anesthesia you will have.
You can expect to spend 20-60 minutes in the post-anesthesia care unit, depending on the type of anesthesia you receive.
The nurses in this area will give you instructions for taking care of yourself at home. Should problems or questions arise when you are recovering at home, call your surgeon at the number provided in your discharge instructions.
In Case of Emergency
If an emergency arises after normal business hours, please call your surgeon or go directly to your local emergency room. Ask emergency room personnel to contact your surgeon.